Here on Better Lemons we want to give the opportunity for everyone to have a voice, allowing for another layer of opinion that the audience can use to make an even more informed decision on their entertainment needs.
The LemonMeter aggregates a minimum of three reviews by critics and and by audience members.
Critics need to leave an excerpt of their review, a link to their original review, as well as a rating of Sweet, Sweet and Sour, or Sour.
Audience Members need to fill out a form with their name and email, and leave a review and rate the show Sweet, Sweet and Sour, or Sour.
The Audience LemonMeter is separate from the Critics' LemonMeter.
The Rating of both LemonMeters:
100-76% is Sweet
75-40% is Sweet and Sour
39-0% is Sour
All audience reviews are moderated and are deleted if they contain profanity, threat, or misinformation.
HOW TO LEAVE A REVIEW:
Have you seen a show recently? If yes, we would love to hear what you thought of it! And the producers would also love to hear what you thought of their shows. And the people in the show would love to hear your opinion as well.
And we here at Better Lemons provide you with that space where you can leave your own review of a show and have your voice be heard. Please register below with your name, your email address, and a password and leave a review for a show that you saw. If you are already registered, just sign in below.
You will be able to find productions that registered their show in the dropdown menu. If you can't find the show on our website, please contact either us at Contact [at] Better-Lemons [dot] com to add it to our site, or contact the producers to register their show for free on our site. If you can find the show, select it, give it a rating of Sweet, Sweet and Sour, or Sour, and write your review of the show.
We appreciate all you do for the Arts in Los Angeles!
Encourage your audience to leave a review on your Better Lemons' show page!
Simply print out the front and back (or just the back) of the playbill insert, cut it in half, and add it to your playbill. You can also print it on your playbill directly. Then leave in your lobby, put on the theater seats, or hand out as people exit the theater.
- A minimum of three (3) reviews will qualify you for a LemonMeter (Audience and/or Critics).
- To receive a certificate and a website badge for a Sweet Audience LemonMeter rating, the show needs to have a minimum of 10 reviews by audience members.
- To receive a certificate and a website badge for a Sweet Critics' LemonMeter rating, the show needs to have a minimum of 3 reviews by critics.
Download the playbill insert below, and let your audience have the last word!
B&W version: BetterLemons-Reviews-front_insert_double.pdf
Color version: Better-Lemons-front_insert-color.pdf
B&W version: BetterLemons-Reviews-back_insert_double.pdf
Color version: Better-Lemons-back_insert_color.pdf
To submit reviews by critics, please email us the name of the critics and the link to the reviews to Contact [at] Better-Lemons [.] com.
You can also request an 11x17 or an 8 1/2 x 11 color poster (on left) for your theater to encourage theater audiences to leave a review. The poster will then either be mailed or hand delivered to your theater.
We invite all Critics who are writing for another site/publication, to join Better Lemons.
To become a Registered Critic, you will need to write for an online publication. When you write a review, you will need to submit an excerpt of your review to our site, with a link to your original review, give the reviewed show a rating (Sweet, Sweet & Sour, Sour), and submit it via our Submission Form. Each Critic that is registered on our site, submits their excerpts and you need to commit to that, which takes about one minute per show.
Here are your Benefits of becoming a Registered Critic:
- It's Free
- We will add you to our list of Registered Critics
- Your reviews will get more exposure because your excerpt on our site will link back to your site.
- You will be recognized by a broader art community.
- Our readers will get the chance to vote on their favorite critic once a year (The Top Critic Award)
- Your score of each production and an excerpt of your review will be of your own choosing, not a guess from our staff, so it will ensure accuracy of the Lemonade score.
- The public will be able to educate themselves through the many criticisms of a production.
- Productions would be able to find reviews in one place and reviews will get more clicks on their original published site.
- Search engines reward websites that have incoming links (every review on our site will link back to your review site and your profile page will also link back to your personal website and your social media accounts if you have any).
- Please contact us through our Contact page and send us a link to an online publication where you write reviews and let us know that you are interested in becoming a Registered Critic.
- Once your submission has been approved, we will register you on our site (we will ask you for a photo, a short bio, and links to your website and social media sites).
- After your profile is set up, you will be able to post an excerpt of your review to registered shows anytime, add a link to your original review and rate the show Sweet, Sweet & Sour, or Sour.
With each review link on our site, your site will get better recognized by search engines. And you will be entered in our yearly Top Critic Award!