KCET and Link TV Present an all-day festival of films featuring screenings of celebrity-introduced acclaimed films focused on green issues with filmmaker Q&As on Saturday, April 21, 2018 at Laemmle Monica Film Center, Santa Monica from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Educational booths from local environmental organizations including Heal The Bay, River LA, Sierra Club, Citizens' Climate Lobby, Save Our Surf and LA Works.
The event is open to the public, kicking off with an environmental shorts screening followed by four acclaimed films and closing with a screening of two all-new episodes of KCET and Link TV's "Earth Focus."
· 9:45 a.m.: UCLA LENS Environmental Shorts Screenings (Total Running Time 1 hr.) – FREE!
· 10 a.m.: “March of the Penguins 2: The Next Step” (Total Running Time 1 hr. 15 min.) – FREE!
· 11 a.m.: “Evolution of Organic” + short film “The Soil Story”(Total Running Time 1 hr. 28 min.)
· 12 p.m.: “The Last Animals” (Total Running Time 1 hr. 32 min.)
· 2:30 p.m.: “Jane” (Total Running Time 1 hr. 30 min.)
· 5 p.m.: “Earth Focus: Sea Level Rising-Living with Water” & “Earth Focus: Climate Migration” (Total Running Time 1 hr.) – FREE!
Click "2018 Tickets and Information" below to reserve your spot while passes are still available!
How to Get There
Laemmle Monica Film Center is located at 1332 2nd St., Santa Monica, CA 90401.
Go Metro and take Expo Line to Downtown Santa Monica Station. Then, it's about a 10 minute walk to the theater on 2nd Street. Purchase roundtrip fare in advance and plan your trip on metro.net or call 323-GO METRO (323-466-3876).
Show your TAP card at the admissions gate and receive a free hat! (While supplies last.)
All films are unrated and there is no age limit for any of the films featured in the Earth Focus Environmental Film festival. It's a good idea to arrive about 30 minutes prior to the start of the film. Admission is on a per film basis only.