Opening Night: The Improvised Musical!® is exactly that - a Broadway-style musical that is made up on the spot, based on a single audience suggestion. Therefore, every night is the `Opening Night’ of a musical that has never been seen! Sadly, it is also the closing night, but closing night sounds so very final -- and not even this cast can withstand the damage done by weekly wrap parties. Since 1998, Opening Night's cast of veteran improvisers has combined Chicago and Los Angeles improv with the Broadway stylings of Rodgers & Hammerstein, Gilbert & Sullivan, and Andrew Lloyd Webber, resulting in over one thousand original musicals!
Cast: Hilary Rowe, Matt Young, Norm Thoeming, and Shulie Cowen.
Directed by Shulie Cowen.
Musical Director, Michael Pollock.
NOTE: Located on the 2nd floor with stair access only.
● Voted Best of LA - LA Weekly
● "You'll Laugh Every Time" "A Comedy Machine" -LA Weekly
● "A kind of magic" "This is mastery of the craft...talent in action." -Michael Konik
● "An incomparable piece of insanity" -IN Magazine
● "You provide the subject: they score and choreograph it on the spot!" -Los Angeles Magazine
● "Love musicals or hate 'em, you'll never see them the same way after this show" -Oil and Marble